Gamification: Creating interesting, interactive and fun content from the mundane.
What is Gamification? What examples of gamification already exist? How do you gamify something? In this course, the concept and nature of gamification is introduced, and in the second part teams will develop their own projects, from an idea, through design, to working prototype. Topics covered during this course:
– Introducing participants
– The nature of gamification and gamification design process
– Examples of gamification
– Generating and selecting ideas for gamification.
– Forming teams and dividing roles
– Designing challenges
– Designing intrinsic motivators
– Designing extrinsic motivators
– Design of feedback and progress
– Incorporation of entertaining elements
– Other game elements
– Prototype development
– Prototype presentation and testing