The trip will not be offered in 2022. If possible, it will again be in the programme in summer 2023.
3 days, 4th day in Moscow as an option
We offer you a unique opportunity of combining learning Russian in Tallinn with visiting one of the most beautiful Russian cities, its second capital – St Petersburg – as a study tour at the end of the course. During that trip, you will have an opportunity to see the country of the language you are learning, see one of the most beautiful Russian cities with your own eyes, learn Russian traditions and of course to improve your Russian. The tour operator arranges a special tourist programme for our students in the greatest Russian city. The trip is also open to participants of other courses.
The approximate programme of the study tour is:
- morning – departure for Saint Petersburg (by bus)
- day – arrival and accommodation
- evening – sightseeing tour in the city centre (1)
- morning – sightseeing tour to Peterhof by bus, train and/or boat (Peter the Great’s residence outside Saint Petersburg which is called Russian Versailles)
- day – sightseeing tour in the city centre (2)
- evening – spare time (visiting museums and theatres of the city)
- morning – visiting the Peter and Paul Fortress and the world-famous State Hermitage
- day – spare time (visiting museums and shops of the city)
- evening – leaving for Tallinn (by bus)
1) Trip to St. Petersburg
295 EUR. The price of the study tour includes transportation by bus, accommodation (double rooms in a *** hotel in the city centre), breakfasts in a hotel, public transport and sightseeing tours (3 in the city and 1 in Peterhof). Tickets to theatres and museums are not included.
2) Trip to St. Petersburg and Moscow
It is also possible to spend one day in Moscow after completing the programme in Saint Petersburg. The Summer School goes there in the evening by overnight train. In Moscow, we will visit the Red Square, Kremlin and Moscow underground which is considered to be the most beautiful in the world. We will also make a boat trip along the Moscow River to see the main attractions of the Russian capital outside the city centre. After that, you can leave directly for home or go back to Tallinn or Saint Petersburg by train.
495 EUR. The fee includes the trip to St. Petersburg and in addition a train ticket to Moscow (sleeping carriage), but does not include meals and tickets from Moscow.
You can get the Russian visa in your home country independently or with the voucher of our tour operator. As there are different prices for the citizens of various countries, the cost of a visa is not included in the price of the study tour. The Visa voucher issued by our tour operator costs 35 EUR, this sum will be added to the invoice. Please note that getting the voucher can take up to 2 weeks as well as getting the visa, so please reserve up to 1 month for these procedures. Tallinn Summer School can order the voucher after receiving the payment for the trip. As soon as you get a scanned copy of the voucher from the Summer School, submit your documents to the nearest Russian Embassy/Consulate/Visa Centre.
Please check that your travel insurance is valid in Russia. You might need it in case of emergency and also for getting a Russian visa.
• Registration deadline: April 30
• Payment deadline: according to the invoice issued by the University, but no later than June 1