July 29 – July 31, 2018 (August 1 in Moscow as an option)
We offer you a unique opportunity of combining learning Russian in Tallinn with visiting one of the most beautiful Russian cities, it’s second capital – St Petersburg – as a study tour at the end of the course. During that trip you will have an opportunity to see the country of the language you are learning, see one of the most beautiful Russian cities with your own eyes, to learn Russian traditions and of course to improve your Russian. The tour operator arranges a special tourist programme for our students in the greatest Russian city. The trip is also open to participants of other courses.
The approximate programme of the study tour is:
- morning – departure for Saint Petersburg (by bus)
- day – arrival and accommodation
- evening – sightseeing tour in the city centre (1)
- morning – sightseeing tour to Peterhof by bus, train and/or boat (Peter the Great’s residence outside Saint Petersburg which is called Russian Versailles)
- day – sightseeing tour in the city centre (2)
- evening – spare time (visiting museums and theatres of the city)
- morning – visiting the Peter and Paul Fortress and the world-famous State Hermitage
- day – spare time (visiting museums and shops of the city)
- evening – leaving for Tallinn (by bus)
1) Trip to St. Petersburg
245 EUR. The price of the study tour includes transportation by bus, accommodation (double rooms in a *** hotel in the city centre), breakfasts in a hotel.
NB! There is an additional fee of 75 EUR for public transport and sightseeing tours (3 in the city and 1 in Peterhof). This should be paid in cash upon arrival to Tallinn Summer School. Tickets to theatres and museums are not included.
2) Trip to St. Petersburg and Moscow
It is also possible to spend one day in Moscow after completing program in Saint Petersburg. The Summer School goes there in the evening of July 31st by an overnight train. In Moscow we will visit the Red Square, Kremlin and Moscow underground which is considered to be the most beautiful in the world. We will also make a boat trip along the Moscow River to see the main attractions of the Russian capital outside the city centre. After that you can leave directly for home or go back to Tallinn or Saint Petersburg by train.
295 EUR. The fee includes the trip to St. Petersburg and in addition a train ticket to Moscow (sleeping carriage), but does not include meals and tickets from Moscow.
NB! There is an additional fee of 200 EUR for public transport and sightseeing tours in St. Petersburg and Moscow. This should be paid in cash upon arrival to Tallinn Summer School.
You can get the Russian visa in your home country or in Tallinn with the help of our tour operator. As there are different prices for the citizens of various countries, the cost of a visa is not included into the price of the study tour. The fee for Russian visa (if needed) will be collected after arrival in Tallinn. Please note that the visa can be issued during 5-10 working days.
You can get travel insurance which is valid in Russia in your country or it can be obtained in Tallinn while getting the visa.
• Registration deadline: May 15, 2018
• Payment deadline: according to the invoice issued by the University, but not later than June 1, 2018